Saturday, May 26, 2007

Inspiration


The conference started off with an introduction from AID Tempe. Throughout the presentation I had goose bumps. It was an auto presentation with a sound track. The entire auditorium erupted with applause at so many places in the presentation. Many things so similar to AID Dallas. And many things that inspire me. Things we could try in Dallas. It was such a creative presentation. Frankly what we are doing right now in Dallas I think will prepare us to do a conference like this in the next year or two.

Dr. Bhagat was invited to make a few comments and he sang a song and brought out the point that AID is based on love. He talked about how the earth has taken millions of years to evolve and how we have really abused it. He sang a song about it. He mentioned the importance of water and how life is not possible without it and how its important to protect, grow and preserve it.

This session was followed by a session by Srinath Chidambaram about the state of AID. We (the entire auditorium) interacted on a SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) of/for AID.

Its amazing how the issues we face in Dallas seem to be the exact same issues that other chapters AID wide face.

I am also in admiration of how well organized this conference seems to be. The welcome packet, the registration desk, the timing of the session seem to have been very well thought out. The volunteers had a staging area for everyone to show up and then directed them personally to their accomodations. Sanjay Kote and Karthik were constantly checking if I got to my host's place fine and had detailed, maps, instructions and directions.

There are so many people here from so many chapters. Over 100. Though I hear its lesser than previous years. But there are so many people who I have worked with and who are so inspiring in their work. Sathyu, Aravinda, Ravi, Aquene, Ryan.... I am just so glad I came to the conference! I am inspired!

2 comments:

Srinadh said...

Vijai, Thanks!

If any Dallas folks are reading this:

Vijai was awesome in the "How to become a JeevanSaathi in 7 days" skit. I am not sure if his quest to find a JeevanSaathi himself is as hilarious as the situation in the skit!

kaivalyam said...

Vijai

Nice!!

just happen chance that I found your blog........

great job in the play

ciao
Kavita